Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughts: 25-June-2009

One thing that I have noticed this summer, is how my TV viewing has been greatly improved. I cannot believe how many good shows are on right now.

Sunday: True Blood (HBO), Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA), In Plain Sight (USA), and Merlin (NBC) all new and all very good. And I also have been watching Cold Case (CBS) in reruns in order to catch up with this show.

Monday: Weeds (Showtime), Nurse Jackie (Showtime), The Closer (TNT), and Raising the Bar (TNT) all new. Edie Faco is wonderful in Nurse Jackie, and while I am watching the show, I still am puzzled by the appeal folks have for Weeds.

Tuesday: HawthoRNe (TNT) and Saving Grace (TNT) again both are very good.

Wednesday: Monsterquest (History Channel), not very good, this is kind of a secret pleasure for me. But they were really reaching on yesterday's Last Dinosaur episode.

Thursday: American Chopper (TLC), Burn Notice (USA), and Royal Pains (USA) are this day's viewing. American Chopper jumped the shark a long time ago, I watch it to see how bad it gets. This is offset by the excellent USA shows I watch on this night.

Friday: McLaughlin Group (PBS). Channel 2 out of Boston shows this program at 7:30 pm on this night. I like getting caught up on the news topics of the week, but Eleanor Clift drives me crazy with the stupid drivel that comes out of her screeching mouth. And no other liberal says things one tenth as stupid as Clift. Why she is kept on this show is beyond my understanding.

Saturday: Babar (NBC), Harper's Island (CBS), and Primeval (BBC America) finishes off the week for me. I used to watch Babar on HBO and was surprised to see that NBC shows this on Saturday morning. Harper's Island will be ending soon. Primeval is a great show and BBC America has a lot more coming. A new Doctor Who this Saturday night and a Torchwood miniseries coming up in July.

Who needs the fall, lots of good shows on now.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment