Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thoughts: 20-June-2009

Hibernation in the apartment going as planned. I do have to go to WalMart and Super Stop & Shop later for groceries and other stuff, but then it will be just me here all alone.

Last night I watched Chess in Concert (PBS, Great Performances). Very well done, the songs were great and this is available as a DVD and CD which I will be picking up. PBS shows a lot of this stuff and it is nice to have that available. A&E used to show programs like this, now they show Dog the Bounty Hunter instead.

Also caught up on a bunch of my comic books. Last issue of the current run of Moon Knight, I thought that they went a bit overboard with the character over this run. Moon Knight has been better written in the past, I wonder if they will bring him back in another series or have him pop up in the Dark Reign crossover storyline.

Also read the Incredible Hercules and this book is starting to hit the mark of keeping my interest. The story is getting interesting and I look forward to reading more. I also have been reading Vincent Price Presents, which is a horror comic with Price as the narrator. Pretty interesting stories so far, and I see that Dark Horse is bringing Creepy back, the classic horror anthology comic produced by Warren years ago.

Surfing the Internet this morning, I read an interview with Tyler Labine and Bret Harrison on Newsrama. No information on any syndication deal for the show, Labine talked about the show he will be doing for Fox, Sons of Tucson, Harrison has some other projects in line. Does not look good for Reaper getting a third season from that interview.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment