Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thoughts: 06-June-2009

Review time.

I just saw Up and Land of the Lost this afternoon. Up was very good, another winner from Disney/Pixar. The animated short before the main feature was called Partly Cloudy and was a cute tale of storks and how they get their babies, and the one stork who has to deliver the not so nice babes. Very nice.

Up was excellent, I love the tale of Carl fulfilling the wish of his dear departed wife Elle. Their relationship reminded me of why I was sad to see Norman and Bridget break up in My Cage. Two opposites who completed each other and when towards the end Carl discovers that their marriage together was the adventure she longed for, tears came to my eye. Great voice work by Ed Asner and the film was just a joy to see.

Land of the Lost was a nice spoof with Will Ferrell doing his usual shtick. I thought the interplay between Grumpy the T Rex and Ferrell's Rich Marshall was quite funny. I thought that there was quite a few laughs in the film, a bit drawn out at parts, but overall not bad. Check it out for light entertainment.

Royal Pains is the new USA network show that debuted this past Thursday. I liked it. Kind of reminded me of early episodes of House where the medical mystery was the show's emphasis. A nice blend of comedy and drama, I will be watching this show.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment