Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thoughts: 16-June-2009

Pet Peeves.

Why do networks let shows run over 60 min, it is not like you are getting any more of the show? Sunday night I recorded Cold Case and when I went to watch it on my DVR, I saw the CBS let Super Password run over by five minutes. While I still got to see how the show ended, I missed the last couple of minutes. ABC does this all the time with Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Lost, and for what reason, so they can jam in more commercials. And not even new ones, the same fraking ones over and over again. TV networks, I am less likely to buy a product when you hammer me over and over again with the same fraking commercial. At least be creative and do some different ones. But I really wish that networks, in this day of DVRs, would start and end shows on the hour.

And why doesn't the NFL let the NFL ticket go to cable instead of that BS Direct TV monopoly? I know fans who hate Direct TV but want to see their favorite team. A Steeler fan who is a friend of my here in CT, gets Direct TV for that reason. And the Steelers tend to be on several national telecasts, but can he just buy the games that are not being televised that week locally, no, he has to buy the whole package. ESPN has a college game plan where each week you can do a $9.95 pay per view and watch all the college football games that ESPN has on its schedule for that Saturday, I caught a couple of Penn State games that way. Why can't the NFL do the same, wouldn't they make more money that way?

And why do TV networks have to put all the popular shows on at the same time? Why not break it up over the other days of the week? Comcast has a On Demand feature where selected CBS shows are on for free, NBC has shows for 99 cents a piece to watch (which surprises me, as nobody wants to watch NBC for free), and the cable networks like BBC American, TNT, USA, and FX have shows on demand for free. Still not everything is available so that people can watch all that they want. I guess that is why Hulu is on the Internet.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment