Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thoughts: 12-April-2009

Happy Easter everyone, the one holiday not sanctioned by the government so if we want time off we have to use our vacation time.

Two of my best friends in the whole wide world have agreed to see Penn and Teller with me on May 21 at Foxwoods MGM Grand. Tickets are $20-30-40, and I could only get three at the $20 range. Show is almost sold out. I cannot wait to see this show.

Dollhouse, in its latest episode, again tries to convince the viewers that there is more going on than just a sick service to fulfill perverted sex fantasies of the rich through rape of brainwashed dolls. Whedon seems to think if he has his characters keep on saying the Dollhouse does a lot of good and is more than that, we will buy it. Kind of hard to do Joss, when the next scene, your head of the Dollhouse is acting our her own fantasy with one of the dolls. Show gets worse and worse as time goes on.

Fox ruined Firefly, Whedon's last good idea, could Dollhouse be Whedon's revenge on Fox? I mean Whedon cannot actually believe this is a good show, right?

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles came to an end (hopefully permanently) this Friday with its season finale. John Connor as a young man, gets tossed into the future and meets his uncle, father, and the woman Cameron was based on. And nobody has heard of John Connor. It also appears that the T-1000 (liquid metal terminator) is fighting Skynet. I thought that they were advanced terminators? This show is really going off in left field, and I could care less what happens. Fox cannot possibly want to renew this.

Yesterday, the Hallmark Channel ran the Sarah, Plain and Tall trilogy. I recorded this as I have always been curious as to what these movies are all about, given the participation of Glenn Close and Christopher Walken. I watched the first two last night, and have to say that they were very nice family oriented movies that made its points in a gentile and kind way. Walken was very good in the film as was Glenn Close. I will be watching the third film this afternoon. Hallmark Channel reruns these films all the time, so there will be plenty of opportunities to catch them.

Not a bad way to send Easter Sunday, watching Sarah Plain and Tall. Though, I would never call Glenn Close plain, tall yes, not not plain.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment