Thursday, April 23, 2009

Miss USA and Gay Marriage

I am off from work today to go see one of my many doctors.

I heard about this controversy from the Naked News about the recent Miss USA pageant. Perez Hilton (an Internet gossip columnist I believe) was one of the judges (Miss USA pageants must be desperate for ratings) asked Miss CA what she thought about gay marriage. She replied that she was raised to believe that marriage was only between a man and a woman. When I guess she ended up losing, (have no idea who won) and Hilton is ripping into her saying she lost because of her answer.

First, I have no clue why people watch beauty pageants, why anyone participates in them, and why anybody cares what the contestants think. As for gay marriage, my personal belief is that any two people who are so much in love with each other that they want to proclaim that love in a public declaration, more power to them. I have no issues with gay marriage or gay rights, I was very happy to see my current home state of CT, passing a bill to make gay marriage a reality for this state. Also happy to see that Gov. Rell is going to sign it.

As for Miss CA, she has a right to her opinion, as I have a right to disagree with it. Naked News also reported that only she got this controversial question, and if that is true, that is definitely not fair. Why did not Hilton ask each contestant that question?

Again, I could care less about beauty pageants or who Perez Hilton is. The times that are a changing as more states are going for gay marriage. Society is finally evolving.

Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. you need to go to you tube and see the original response. This woman must be one of the stupidist on this planet. She talks about my country (and I think she means California) and then spouts some meaningless nonsense about opposite marriage. What a bimbo...shows what beauty contests are all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good point, I did not see the response, I heard about it secondhand. And I definitely do not agree with her position, but in the USA we have the right to have and express stupid opinions, which is par for the course with beauty contests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why Vic Guan, how are you!
    I see you joined my blog!
    And I see we're still on the same side of the fence~~supporting the same issues I mean.
    (-:

    I think that beauty pagents are indeed worthless, and Ms California needs a good education about other people's rights.

    But Perez Hilton's abusive, name calling tirades are also part of
    the problem, I think.
    His brand of "bitchy queen" hatemongering doesn't exactly forward our cause.
    Just my two cents!

    David N

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, once again I agree with everything you say, and I find your blog to be very interesting and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete