Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thoughts: 22-March-2009

I just finished reading the 400th issue of Asimov's Science Fiction. I remember when this magazine premiered in 1977, a time when a lot of new and old SF magazines were going under. Asimov's SF made and is still going strong.

I watched the series finale of Battlestar Galactica yesterday via DVR. I thought it was very good, and was an excellent end to the show. I checked around on the Internet and saw that some folks really hated it. I don't know, I like it and BSG is the best SF series on TV in my humble opinion.

I also have been reading Marvel Comics' Dark Reign cross-over series, I have to say I am getting a bit tired of reading these things in both Marvel and DC. It just seems to me that we are getting a bunch of hype and having to pay more money for stories that are just not that interesting. I miss the days when comic series were self contained and you did not have to buy comics featuring characters that you don't care about in order to get the whole. story.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment