Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughts: 12-March-2009

I am still trying to recover from the change over with Daylight Savings Time. My alarm goes off at 6:50 am and my body tells me, it is only 5:50, go back to sleep. Why do we continue to do Daylight Savings Time? Does it really make that big a difference?

Good news, Realms of Fantasy magazine has been bought by Warren Lapine of Tir Na Nog Press. This 15 year old fantasy magazine will continue to be published. Very good news indeed.

I started to watch Castle, the new show on ABC starring Nathan Fillion. I liked his work in the Joss Whedon series, Firefly and thought I would check this show out. After ten minutes in, I totally lost interest and stopped watching it. We have seen this all before and I have enough shows to watch without adding this. If it was something new and different, maybe.

CW is going to renew Smallville and Supernatural. Both shows are great and I am glad that we are going to get another season of both. Supernatural is one of the most underrated shows out there, it is very good and one of the best on the tube today.

I watched Season 2 Episode two of Reaper this week. I find Sock and his sexual interest in his Japanese step sister a tad creepy, not so much in him, but in the way she walks around half naked and jumps in his bed to play wrestle. Sam is a boring as usual, Ray Wise is excellent as the Devil. As usual there are these flashes of insight which reveal a great show, just need better characters.

One show that does not have this problem, is Lie to Me. Excellent premise, very well written characters portrayed by great actors, and fascinating plots. Check it out.

What is up with all these remakes, Friday the 13th, Last House on the Left, is Hollywood that hard up for new ideas?

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment