Saturday, March 14, 2009

Favorite Comic Books

Before I go into what my favorite comic books are, I wanted to give a shout out to Midtown Comics, the best Internet comic book source ever. Each Thurs/Fri. they put out a list of new comics coming out the following Wed, you put in an order and they ship them out to you. When I used UPS, I used to get them the next day. Then I had some problems with a new driver who always wanted a signature, and have now gone to USPS, I get them on Tues, but at least I don't need to butt heads with UPS.

You can sign up for subscriptions on Midtown Comics and they also have a great list of magazines they offer each week. Fangoria, Starlog, Hogan's Alley, Fortean Times, Comics Journal, the list goes on and on. Simply the best.

Favorite comics

Futurama Comics: This comes up quarterly and is similar to getting an new episode of this classic show. With the last new DVD having just come out, this is the only place to get new material. Very good and very funny.

Fables: Bill Willingham's great series where Story book characters live and interact with the real world. The opening story arc, we find Bigby Wolf (the big bad wolf) sheriff of Fabletown investigating the murder of Rose Red. Twists, turns, and a very rich plot with excellent character development. A pilot is being made for a proposed TV series. Let's hope this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment