Monday, March 2, 2009

Some thoughts on a day of snow in Groton, CT

It snowed last night, and there was a lot of snow on the way to work. Most of my co-workers opted to work at home, so I had to deal with things at work. At least it was nice and quiet.

I reflected on my enjoyment of Jesse Stone: Thin Ice, a TV movie on CBS last night which starred Tom Selleck as Stone. He plays the part perfectly, it is his best work as an actor. I was happy to read on the Internet that another Stone film will be on later this year.

I also was happy to see that on March 10, Howard the Duck comes to DVD. This movie which is considered one of the worst made, is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have seen it about 5 times and will be happy to get it on DVD to watch again. In some ways, I think that this could have become a great cult TV show like Buffy the Vampire Slayer which also came out of a not so great movie. Who knows, maybe someone may do it one day.

I also sent away for issues 1 and 2 of a Serial DVD magazine that Serial Squadron is putting out. This will be a monthly release which will contain a few chapters of a couple of different serials which will recapture how serials were originally presented. The DVDs offered by Serial Squadron are top notch, if you are interested in some high quality DVD sets of serials, check their website out.

I also am looking forward to the Watchman film set to come out in another couple of weeks. It looks great and I am really curious how well it holds up to the original comic book series.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment