Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thoughts: 30-July-2009

This has been a crazy week, I am going on vacation starting Aug. 6 and work has been very hectic. Trying to get my own studies run and my mid year evaluation written, and then finding out our intern has a poster session next Tuesday. I spent the morning first working with her and then meeting with our lab head to try and get a final draft done.

I will be traveling to visit my mom for her 80th birthday (Aug. 10) and visiting the rest of my family who all live in PA. No computer, No Internet, and basic cable only at Mom's house. I plan on spending some time with my sister in State College where she has upgraded cable and access to a computer. Also, I can relax at my sister's house as it is very difficult to relax at Mom's.

So, I will be breaking my daily streak of writing this blog. Maybe I can get an update in while down there, but I will be mostly ranting and raving how I miss my home and cable TV and computer.

Of course, maybe a break from TV would be welcome. HawthoRNe (TNT) had a dopey episode where a 18 year old pregnant mom to be has scammed two couples into thinking they are getting her baby. And of course she cons them out of money beyond what the adaptation agencies told them to pay. Then the Baby Daddy shows up and wants custody back, even though he signed his rights away. We get a happy ending where Baby Daddy with his parents are cooing over the newborn while Baby Mama is off in post care working out something with the people she screwed over and out of money. Hopefully she is get arrested for fraud, but no information presented to ruin the happy ending.

The subplot with the homeless woman who got pregnant and had a baby with spinal bifida more or less ended. Her baby went to foster parents who can provide adequate care, she quits her job and returns to the street, and when the one legged nurse offers to put her up for the night, she steals her titanium leg. Which would never have happen if the nurses on this show acted like real nurses, or at least the tough caretakers of Nurse Jackie. This show gets a C (I found it amusing that the leg got stolen), but really is a D for getting really annoying.

With some pretty good shows, Dark Blue (TNT), Royal Pains (USA), and Warehouse 13 (SyFy), showing up, it really makes HawthoRNe look even worst than it is.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment