Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thoughts: 18-July-2009

Walter Cronkite passed away today. I remember growing up and watching him on the CBS Evening News. He was a class act in all ways, honest and a very able news reporter. When he retired the network Evening News shows all started a downward spiral. His death should get more coverage than Michael Jackson as he truly touched the lives of others, but you know I doubt we will see much on him pass today. Rest in Peace, Mr. Cronkite.

I am planning on seeing the latest Harry Potter film today so I should have plenty to write about tomorrow. I would like to see The Proposal if I can get motivated after watching the Harry Potter film. We will see.

I watched The McLaughlin Group, Royal Pains, Eureka, and an episode of Perry Mason entitled "The Case of the Buried Clock". Here is some quite reviews

The McLaughlin Group: I am still amazed that John McLaughlin keeps Eleanor Clift on this show. She is so out of touch and has to constantly interrupt everyone else with her shrieking voice. Everyone except her say the Obama stimulus plan was not working and her big insight was Obama has not weighed in yet. What a stupid comment, this show gets a C entirely due to Clift, would be a B without her.

Royal Pains: Another A episode, excellent story with a nice medical mystery solved by Dr. Hank. Evan and Divya are starting to bond, but Divya is still a bit too hard on Evan. And Evan is really showing that he is much more than a comedy figure, gave some nice advice to the two young lovers and was willing to lend a sympathetic ear to Divya's upcoming woes in regards to an arranged marriage. I love this show.

Eureka: An A episode of this nice little show with very likable characters. Jo got to shine in this episode as Colin Ferguson was the director. You know, he does a nice job in this show as does Joe Morton, what a pleasure that even SyFy can get it right once in awhile.

The Case of the Buried Clock (Perry Mason): One of my favorite episodes, the murder victim is introduced to us as he robs the bank singing Big ones for me, Little one for you. This became a catchphrase in the Guanowsky household while I was growing up. I also remember reading the novel this show was based on and discovering how close the screenplay matched the book. I love Perry Mason. I also have to mention how our new Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayer and Senator Al Franken from MN are both fans of this show.

Sotomayer and Franken were trying to recall an episode of the show where Burger makes a statement to Mason at the end of the episode. I believe the scene was Mason, Street, and Drake were enjoying a post court victory celebration when Burger comes over to congratulate Perry. Della wonders why and Perry quotes a recent law review article about justice occurs when the guilty are convicted and the innocent are set free and mentions that the author was Burger. Burger then joins them for the meal. A very nice moment.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment