Monday, July 27, 2009

Thoughts: 27-July-2009

Crankshaft, the comic strip, has gone back to its old format. Why Batiuk did this past week of Ed Crankshaft in his final days is not clear? His father passed away recently so that may have something to do with it.

Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA) had a very nice episode where Nichols (Jeff Goldblum) teamed up with Eames (Kathyrn Erbe) to catch Dylan Baker's character who was the head of the crime lab and used his skill to try and cover up a murder he committed. Eames notices that Nichols' partner was standing in the office when her water broke and quickly takes charge to get her to the hospital. A great scene in a great episode, the rating is an A.

Merlin (NBC) is getting a big tiresome, I expected to see some character development by now, and there has been none. I wonder how many viewers knew when the little Druid kid that Arther saved, said his name was Modred, what that meant? I give the episode a B.

I watched Being Human (BBC America) last night via DVR. I have to say that it moved a tad too slow for me and where was the premise build up for this show? It just kind of started. How did the vampire meet the werewolf, and why are they trying to be human? I don't know about this show, I was a bit disappointed in it. I give it a C and if next week's episode does not pick up, I will say bye to this show.

Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I believe Mordred was Arthur's illigetimate son from his liaison with his half sister Morgan leFey

    ReplyDelete