Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thoughts: 19-July-2009

I went to see The Proposal yesterday instead of the new Harry Potter film. There were a ton of people going to Potter and I figured that it would be around next week. There were only two other people at The Proposal.

The film was a likable ok comedy with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. The plot was pretty predictable and what made the film work was the chemistry between Bullock and Reynolds. Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon and Josh Lucas was a film somewhat similar to the premise of this movie. The most interesting scene was when Bullock and Reynolds bump into each other while nude, the scene was filmed without showing anything, safe for PG-13. Worth a rent when it comes out on DVD.

Last night, I watched the first eight episodes of Touched by An Angel from the Season 1 set. I used to watch this show pretty regularly as I had a big time crush on Roma D0wney (similar to my crush on Jennifer Love Hewitt in Ghost Whisperer). I was surprised to see how much angel power used used in these shows, latter episodes seemed to downplay the supernatural abilities of the angels. The first four seasons are out on DVD, with five more to go. Hallmark Channel is showing two episodes each night Monday to Friday, so I guess the show is still popular.

Today I plan on watching Kitt Kittredge An American Girl to complete these sentimental journey.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment