Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thoughts: 17-May-2009

It appears that Fox TV has renewed Dollhouse for another season. The ratings got progressively worse as the season went on, with the finale getting some of the lowest ratings ever. So they renew this piece of crap, their big concession was that they got production cost reduced. First ABC renews Private Practice, and now Dollhouse is saved. And a show like Reaper, which has its flaws but still is light years better than these two shows, will probably not get renewed.

I watched the Fringe season finale and I have to say that this show has been constantly good throughout its run and deserved its renewal. Bones and Lie to Me have both been renewed so some sanity still is at work with the networks.

Thank God for the DVR. Why do networks feel that they need to put all the good shows on one night? This past Thursday, I had 8 shows on between 8 and 11 pm that I wanted to watch. And thanks to my DVR, Comcast on Demand, and the fact that the cable networks rerun their prime time shows between 12 midnight and 4 am, I am able to watch everything. How about spreading the shows across the week or use Sat night to rerun popular shows that we cannot watch when they first come on.

Hopefully we will find out about Law and Order getting renewed this week, maybe they can take the show to USA network if NBC does not want to renew. Seems to be working for the Criminal Intent series. I have to say that I am more intrigued by the offerings on FX, TNT, and USA than I am on the major networks.

I also see that CW is going to be bringing a show called Vampire Dairies on this fall. Sounds like a Twilight clone where two vampire brothers, one good and one evil, compete for the affection of some poor teenage heroine. You know if vampires are hundreds of years old while looking like they are teenagers, wouldn't they be bored with the minds of 90% of teenage girls. Guys who experienced Beethoven or Mozart, have to listen to Britney Spears or Hannah Montana, I don't get it.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment