Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thoughts: 09-May-2009

I was going to do laundry today but it is raining in Groton, CT, so I am putting it off a week. I have to go to a laundromat so it helps if the weather cooperates. In some ways, I don't mind going to the Laundromat as it gives me a chance to catch up with my mystery or sf magazine reading.

I am planning on seeing the new Star Trek film today. One comment I saw on the Scarlet Street forums, said that it looks like kids playing dress up. Yes, we are all curmudgeons.

Speaking of curmudgeons, one of the best blogs that I have ever read is the Comic Curmudgeon by Josh Fruhlinger. This is a very funny blog and has introduced me to comics I never would normally read. He wrote two extremely funny blogs about the comic strip, Pluggers, that I refer to whenever I feel blue. One of those features the Rhinoman taking his tv to the pawn shop and what Josh wrote about that seems makes me laugh. The latest was a joke about dial up where Josh wrote two ideas that not only could be a Pluggers comic but was better than the joke that was done. I have sung the praises for this site before, but praise for a great blog is always worth repeating.

Ghost Whisperer had a episode last night that dealt with a ghost pretending to be a vampire who tried to get a girl that he liked to kill herself so they could be reunited for all eternity. Yes, one of those teenage vampire soap operas. Oh, well at least Melinda and Jim are back together.

I just saw Part 2 of Illene Chaiken's interview on Showtime.com about her creation the L Word. She wants to make a film, but it will not be about Jenny's death. And she told us loyal fans that Alice is currently in prison for the murder of Jenny, but she claims she did not do it. I checked the message board on Showtime.com and saw a lot of complaints about this and the cavalier treatment of the show and its fans by Chaiken. I have to agree, how did Alice get fingered for this crime? Was it because she asked Sgt. Duffy what her questions had to do with finding out who killed Jenny? I mean, that was on the mind of all of us as we watched the interrogation tapes. Of all the series creators that I have read or seen interviews with, she seems to be the only one who does not seem to have pride in her creation and a desire to play fair with the fans.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment