Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thoughts: 06-March-2010

It has been a while since I wrote my last blog. I have been obsessing with Farmville on Facebook as I try to get one million coins. Also, work has been very stressful as our new management hits us with off sites and negative pep talks. I also got hit with writing two study reports due by the end of the month, and have to waste a lot of time getting templates, macros, and formatting classes done before I can start writing the frakking thing. And of course nobody in our lab has ever written a study report, so I am relying on one person who is a great resource but creates a lot of anxiety in me every time I talk to him in regards to pitfalls with the report system.

Nip/Tuck (FX) had its series finale and went out not with a bang but a whimper. Sean heads off to Europe to work with some orphanage with kids in need of medical help while taking care of a kid with leprosy. Christian continues his life and found a Kimber clone to hit on. Matt is off with Eva and his perfect child he had with Kimber to start a life. Julie is off to London to marry a Duke. No Carver and a very boring way to end a boring finale season. My suggestion is to stick to the first several seasons when they were in Miami, after going to LA the series went downhill.
A for the Miami season, F for this show and this season.

Burn Notice (USA) had its season finale this week and will be returning this June. Nice way of ending the show and as always very high quality. A

Desperate Housewives (ABC), Julie Benz who is playing the gay stripper, did it with Katherine (Dana Delany) in the last episode. I have to say that I am still amazed that I never noticed what a hot body Benz had in Buffy, Angel, and Dexter. It will be interesting to see whether this will be allowed to play out. A

Marvel, to my disappointment, is putting out a second ongoing Avengers book, entitled Secret Avengers. When will they learn about killing the goose that laid the golden eggs? You do not need multiple ongoing books, they are currently killing Deadpool with that concept.

As we wait for DC to start its Brightest Day line, and to see how the return of Bruce Wayne will be handled in the Batman Titles, I note that a new ongoing will be featuring Zatanna. Might be interesting as she has always been a supporting character and only had one limited series devoted to her that costarred John Constantine. I am looking forward to reading that series.

I am off to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland today, he is a favorite director of mine and I am looking forward to checking it out.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment