Sunday, March 7, 2010

Thoughts: 07-March-2010

I just sent for a new computer from Dell. A laptop with Windows 7, my desktop that I purchased about 6 years ago still uses Window XP and is very slow. I cannot believe that I can upgrade to a better computer for half the price I paid 6 years ago.

I saw Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton. I am a big Burton film buff and despite all the negative reviews that I read, loved this movie. I liked the Cheshire Cat, who is my favorite character in the book and thought that Johnny Depp was good. I enjoyed the overall look and feel of the film, I give it an A.

I read the DC limited series, Justice League of America: Cry for Justice. I tend to wait until I get all the issues of a limited series and read them in one sitting. Not too impressed, seems like a big excuse to maim Red Arrow, kill his kid, and let Green Arrow kill the villain responsible in order to set the stage for a big redirection for the characters. Alan Moore did in best in the Killing Joke when he had the Joker cripple Barbara Gordon turning her from Batgirl to Oracle. Cry for Justice seem just a tad too graticule and a bit of a bore. C

I thought that I might start going network by network and talk about the shows I watch. Let's start with the cable networks.

TNT: I tend to watch a lot of the shows on this network, for the most part I find them to be of very high quality.

The Closer: A gem.

Saving Grace: Coming to an end, but exceptionally good. I cannot believe that poor DVD sales and European ratings killed this show.

HawthoRNe: Pretty bad Jada Pinkett Smith vehicle, I still do not understand how this got renewed while Raising the Bar did not. Bit of a fantasy where nurses seem to get to boss doctors around.

Leverage: I love this show.

Dark Blue: Average show that I was surprised to see get renewed. How can these cops stay undercover with no criminal figuring it out.

FX: Some pretty good shows on here, most that I watch have ended.

Damages: This show deserves better ratings, one of the best shows on TV.

USA: Another cable network with lots of good shows.

Law & Order: Criminal Intent: I like this show and I think it may have gotten better on USA.

In Plain Sight: Another good show.

Psych: Very funny, my sister turned me on to this.

White Collar: Like Leverage on TNT, I like these type of shows with cons and con men.

Burn Notice: I cannot understand why the critics do not like Jeffery Donovan who is so good in this show. Bruce Campbell and Gabrielle Anwar are also very good.

Royal Pains: I loved this show and cannot believe the long wait for the next season.

SyFy: What used to be the Sci Fi Channel has a couple of good shows.

Warehouse 13: This show really grew on me after the first episode, looking forward to the next season.

Sanctuary: Another good show.

Eureka: What a great show from a relativity simple premise.

Next time, I hit the big Five networks.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment