Friday, February 26, 2010

Thoughts: 26-February-2010

I saw in this week's TV Guide that Saving Grace (TNT) only has nine episodes left. I did not know that show was ending. I kind of like it and look forward to seeing how they resolve everything. I also have to give some kudos to Holly Hunter for taking a role that requires an actor to really expose herself both physically and mentally.

The other night on the Biography channel, they reran a documentary entitled Behind the Planet of the Apes. This was made before Roddy McD0well's death and the Tim Burton film. I did not realize that the studio cut the budget on the sequels dropping from 6 to 3 to 1.7 million as the films were made. And these films made some big money for 20th Century Fox. I always wondered why the second movie, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, had such a cheap made for TV look about it.

Desperate Housewives (ABC) had a nice episode where Julie Benz who plays the stripper who moved into the neighborhood has an encounter with each one of the housewives. Nicely done and Benz really has a dynamite body which I never noticed before when I watched her on Buffy, Angel, and Dexter. I also like the interplay between her and Dana Delany, Katherine has not been used very well this season. A

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment