Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thoughts: 06-February-2010

I have been sick with a cold for the last couple of days. It started Tuesday night, and got worst on Wednesday. I ended up staying home from work on Thursday and the worst of it seems over. Friday and Today, I still have coughing spasms and congestion that I cannot shake off. It seems the older you get the longer it takes to get over a cold.

Tomorrow is my younger brother's birthday, they turn 48 and still lie about their age.

Also tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and I am sticking with my prediction of the Saints beating the hated Colts. I think the Saints' defense will shut Manning, the overrated QB that he is, right down. I was supposed to go to a Super Bowl party at my friend's house, but the way I am feeling, I will be better off staying at home and trying to get over this cold. I don't plan on watching the game at all, I can check the score either before retiring for the night or the next day.

Dollhouse (Fox) had it series finale last week and Fox did a screwjob on the viewers by airing part two of a two part show. Part one was made as an episode of Season 1, Fox decided not to show it and it was released on the DVD set. The series finale was the second part. So Fox could have done a two hour finale from 8 - 10 pm, but chose not to. This was as bad as ABC showing episode 12 of Eastwick skipping episode 11 which tied up the cliffhangers from episode 10. Dollhouse showed an improvement once they got away from the cathouse for perverted rich folk and to overthrowing the people running the dollhouses. I think that this series would have been better as a miniseries and not an ongoing show. Overall this show gets a D as I truly feel Joss Whedon really lost his way here.

American Chopper (TLC) had its usual bad episode. They build a bike for Tony Stewart that could not be driven in comfortable by anybody, what happened to OCC's brag that all their bikes are comfortable rides? We also saw the unveiling of the smoker/grill for the Jets fan that was ugly and had no football theme or Jets logos at all. One episode is left for the season and I am betting it is the end of American Chopper. F

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment