Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thoughts: 19-August-2009

I have returned. It was a very unhappy visit as my mother and brother decided to yell and fight with each other every other day. My brother would burn himself out and take 24 hours to recover. Mom would complain about whatever he was doing. He either drove her crazy or was a lazy bum staying in his room all day.

And they would say, what do you want to watch on TV, Victor? Nothing, because neither one of them can shut up long enough for me to watch a show. I was able to catch an episode of Merlin which fascinated them enough to keep quiet so I could watch that show.

And what do they like to watch? Lame soap operas like As the World Turns and the Guiding Light, Judy Judy, Reba reruns, and Madea, Tyler Perry's god awful creation. It was a nightmare and almost made me appreciate Private Practice and Dollhouse.

I did help them upgrade to Comcast Digital Cable, so at least we now have On Demand in my Mom's house. Of course, we did this so that they would have a cable tuner box that would allow them to hook up the DVD player they got two years ago for Christmas. Of course neither one of them took notes or paid attention to what the cable guy told them to do in order to operate the DVD player. I was up in State College with my sister catching up on our favorite USA and TNT shows and enjoying some relaxing bliss.

I did see Julie and Julia with my sister. Very good movie and Meryl Streep turned in another Oscar nominated turn. Any Adams was also very good. I give the movie an A and strongly recommend it as one of the only movies for adults to come out this summer.

I also watched the final two episodes of HawthoRNe for this season. Overall the show gets a D. Christine would have been fired in any other kind of reality. And her excuse for pissing off every doctor in her hospital, including Michael Varten, the only one who liked her? She never prayed for her husband who died to get better. The nurse with the one leg, did get her titanium leg back from the homeless woman who stole it in a lame wrap up to that subplot. And Christine's daughter wins the award for the howler of the season, when she tells her grandmother that she is tried of playing the adult between her and her mother. When did this spoiled brat ever act like an adult in this series, your guess is as good as mine.

And this crappy series, like Dollhouse and Private Practice, got renewed for a second season. Reaper cannot get renewed, the Eleventh Hour cannot get renewed, but HawthoRNe can.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment