Monday, January 18, 2010

Thoughts: 18-January-2010

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, where we honor this great civil rights leader. King is a fine example of what someone can do without resorting to violence to accomplish their goals. His life still teaches those lessons to us this very day.

NFL Playoffs Update.

I am 1-1 yesterday in my picks with a season total of 2-6.

Vikings 34 Cowboys 3: I hate the Cowboys and was happy to see my prediction come true. I love the whining the Cowboys are doing about the Vikings running up the score. How sad for them.

Jets 17 Chargers 14: The Jets continue their miracle run which I still cannot believe.

On to the conference championship games.

NY Jets at Indianapolis Colts: I hate both these teams and will not root for either one of them in the Super Bowl. The Jets HC Rex Ryan, just four weeks ago thought his team had been eliminated from the playoffs and then when they did make the playoffs shot off his mouth that they should be Super Bowl favorites. The Colts with the sicking Peyton Manning are not much better. Who will win, I am going to say the Colts.

Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints: On the other hand, I like and respect both teams in the NFC championship game. This is saying something for a big AFC fan such as myself. Both teams look good and it should be a great game. I am going with the home team and picking the Saints.

Sanctuary (SyFy) had its two hour season finale this past weekend and ended on a cliffhanger. I really like this show and I have to say that Amanda Tapping does a better job here then she did in the Stargate SG-1 series. Interesting ending and I would like to see how they resolve the story. A

Human Target (Fox) had its series premiere last night. This show is based on a DC comic book about a unique bodyguard named Christopher Chance who acts as a human target for someone one is being threatened with murder. In the comic book series, he actually was a master of disguise who would impersonate the potential victim. In this TV show, he just blends into the background and observes the situation until he makes the killer. Pretty good episode, I liked the way he noticed a drink was poisoned due to having different shaped ice cubes than all the other drinks. Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Hailey play his support team and I thought that they did a nice job. Lots of action and Mark Valley was really good in this performance. I like it. A

There was a previous Human Target show that starred Rick Springfield, a pop star and soap opera actor. I always think of the song Jimmy "the Mouth of the South" Hart sang during the WWE's rock and wrestling era entitled "Eat Your Heart Out Rick Springfield" whenever I think of this person.

24 (Fox) has its season 8 premiere last night. When this show started with the unique concept of have the entire season go as a 24 hour real time day, I never thought that they could pull off one season let alone 8. Kiefer Sutherland makes this show and without him it would not work. Pretty typical opening for the show, if you like 24 you will be happy with it. B

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment