Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thoughts: 17-January-2010

Well I am 1-2 in my NFL playoff predictions so far this weekend, giving me a 1-5 record to date.

Saints 45 Cardinals 14: Saints really took it to Arizona this weekend and I am glad that they did not slump as the last few games of the season seem to indicate. They are my pick to go the the Super Bowl from the NFC.

Colts 20 Ravens 3: Where were the Ravens who beat my beloved Patriots? I hate the Colts and cannot stand Peyton Manning. It sickens me to see his mug all over the TV schilling for products, I refuse to buy anything that he endorses. Please do not let the scumbag Colts make it to the Super Bowl.

Comic News Update.

DC is bringing back Birds of Prey and the Barry Allen Flash comics. Two of my favorites which I did not like seeing get cancelled. I also find out this weekend, that Bruce Wayne/Batman is not dead but roaming through the time stream (Didn't Marvel do this with the Steve Rodgers Captain America?). So that character will be returning and we will have to see how this affects the Dick Grayson/Batman character, will he go back to being Nightwing, keep on playing Batman, or creating a new character?

I like the current set up with Detective Comics featuring Batwoman and The Question. Red Robin aka Tim Drake book is okay, Batgirl with the Stephanie Brown character, I kind of would like to see Cassandra Cain return as Batgirl. Should be interesting to see what DC does.

Marvel announced that when the Siege limited series ends, the four Avenger books (New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Avengers: The Initiative, and Dark Avengers) will be cancelled. Speculation on the internet is that Marvel will be introducing 4 new comic books. While I would like to see the Avengers come back in 1 or 2 titles, I think that Marvel needs to stop this trend of creating multiple ongoing series, this trend tends to beat an interesting concept to death.

What I would like to see is, Ms Marvel come back in an ongoing series, The Mighty Avengers and Solo Avengers (which would do story arcs on individual members of the team who do not have their own book) and The Defenders come back. And I would love to see a Legion of Monsters type book featuring Man-Thing, Morbius the Living Vampire, and Jack Russell aka Werewolf by Night for example, though I doubt sales would support a book like that.

The Good Wife (CBS) is starting to get very interesting. We have the Chris Noth character going up against the State Attorney in a power play as Noth tries to get out of prison. The investigator working for the law firm is playing double agent in all this. And Alicia continues to do great work as a lawyer. Great blending of concepts here. A

Nip/Tuck (FX) is getting really bad, thank God there are only 7 more episodes before this show ends. The characters are losing all their appealing qualities and I do not have a clue why this is so. F

Leverage (TNT) returns with another great episode. I really like this show, the Jeri Ryan character has not come into her own yet as we wait for the actress who plays Sophie to return from her maternity leave. Still one of the best shows on TV. A

Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice Crossover Event (ABC). First it was not much of a cross over as only Addison and McSteamy were involved in the crossover plot. Christine loves her mentor in Cardio, but she wants to leave because she loves Owen who loves Christine. Christine's desire to be a Cardio surgeon is so great that she gives up Owen to the Kim Raver character. Alex is fed up with Izzie and sleeps with Lexie who broke up with McSteamy because she does not want to live with his eighteen year old daughter and her upcoming baby. On the other show, Addison and McSteamy sleep together in her office, McSteamy wants to join the practice and move in with Addison with his daughter and grandson. The daughter, named Sloan, wants to give the kid up for adoption and go back to her Mom. And Cooper continues to be the biggest jerk in the world toward Charlotte who looks like she will be leaving this horse's ass. Good Lord, I would thank God every hour if I had Charlotte King as a girlfriend. Oh and Mia, the daughter of Naomi and the Taye Diggs character is pregnant. Overall, after writing this, I have to give these shows a D. What a convoluted mess.

American Chopper (TLC) is getting worst and worst. Sr looks like the biggest jerk around, and I only have to wonder how long Rick will stay with OCC. F

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment