Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thoughts: 14-January-2010

I went 0 for 4 in my playoff picks which is pretty much how they usually go. Here is what happened.

Jets 24 Bengals 14: I really thought that the Bengals would have played better at home and that the Jets would not play well.

Cowboys 34 Eagles14: Cowboys have beaten their playoff jinx.

Ravens 33 Patriots 14: This game really hurt. I called for a pizza, turned on the game, saw the Ravens won the toss, went into the kitchen to get a drink, and when I returned to the TV, the Patriots had the ball. Then I saw the score, on the first possession the Ravens scored. The game was over in the first quarter.

Cardinals 51 Packers 45 OT: This is the closest I got to a win.

So let's try again.

Ravens at Colts: I am not impressed with the Colts and I think that they will lose, I like the Ravens.

Jets at Chargers: The Jets' run ends here, I pick the Chargers.

Cowboys at Vikings: I like the Vikings to win.

Cardinals at Saints: I still think that this is New Orleans' year, I pick the Saints.

I finished reading a great book, Dust and Shadows by Lyndsay Faye. It is a Sherlock Holmes story where he goes after Jack the Ripper. It was very well written and I could not put it down. This is the author's first book and I cannot wait to see what she does for her next book which will not be a Holmes adventure.

Heroes (NBC) had a good episode last night, the best of the season so far. Maybe this show will turn around. The first season vibe was there. A

The Jay Leno at 10 pm experiment is over and now NBC has a real mess on its hands. Conan O'Brien wants to leave the Tonight Show rather than have it move a half hour back. NBC really blew it.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment