Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thoughts: 05-January-2010

I am getting lazy and keep putting off writing this blog. Maybe I need the stimulation of comments from Reaper fans who would show up and post whenever I commented about the show.

The Patriots lost to the Texans 34-27, another game where New England was leading until the fourth quarter and then gave up 21 unanswered points. The Patriots finish up the season with a 10-6 record (2-6 on the road), the AFC East Title, and fourth seed in the playoffs. They also lost Wesley Walker for the playoffs with an ACL injury.

They take on the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday and are four point favorites. Being at home helps and while they beat the Ravens earlier in the season, I think that it will be much tougher this game. I still like them to win, 24-17 and then lose on the road in round two.

Capital One Bowl over the New Year's holiday, had Penn State beating LSU 19-17. A big win for Penn State as they finish the season 11-2. I did not think that they would win the game and I have to say that I am happy for the team that they pulled it off.

Florida State lost its appeal and will have up to 14 games stripped from Bobby Bowden's record as he drops from 389 to 375 in wins. In an interview with the Sporting News Today, he says that he would like to have stay on long enough to win 400. This was repeated and I think that he may return to coaching at a smaller Division One School just to try and gets some more wins to his overall record. Especially if Joe Paterno retires in the next couple of years. Yeah, that record is not important to those guys.

Heroes (NBC) had two episodes last night. I am so bored with this Samuel and his carnival storyline. Does anybody care? And making Samuel so powerful that only Skyler can take him down, that is if he was not having his own problems with his powers. I wish Peter still had the ability to retain all his powers like in Season One, where in the future he turned into a real bad ass. Of course, I wish it was still Season One for this show, at least I was interested. D

Desperate Housewives (ABC) revealed who died in the last episode. Karl, a one note character in my opinion is dead. Mona, the blackmailing nurse is dead. One of Lynette's unborn twins is dead. And Orson (I cannot believe how Kyle McLaughlin is wasted on this show, David Lynch where are you?) is in a wheelchair. I thought the fantasy part of what their futures may have been to be a tad too cute for my tastes. Yawn. C

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment