Friday, September 18, 2009

Thoughts: 18-September-2009

Penn State takes on Temple in their third straight home game. Penn State should have another easy time of it, I pick them to win 35-7.

The New England Patriots take on the NY Jets in the Meadowlands this Sunday at 1 pm. I think that the Patriots defense will be delivering a wake up call and welcome to the NFL to the Jets QB Sanchez. I also think that the defense will learn from its mistakes with the Bills and play much better. Brady and the offense will also be playing a lot better, I pick the Patriots to win 24-14.

MysteryQuest (History Channel) is a new series using the MonsterQuest format. This first episode was on whether or not Hitler actually killed himself or did he get away. Pretty nice job of looking at the forensic evidence that was available, I think that this series has a lot more potential than MonsterQuest. Next week will be on the Bermuda or Devil's Triangle, let us see if they can stay focused and not go off on paranormal crap. I give this first show a solid B.

Bones (Fox) had its season premiere yesterday and Cindy Lauper was the guest star playing a psychic who leads Booth and Brennen to some 10 year old dead bodies. Lauper was very good and I hope that she returns as this character, you know she played a psychic in the film Vibes with Jeff Goldblum, not a bad movie at all. I love Bones and am very glad it is back, an A.

Fringe (Fox) also had a great season premiere and this year the show looks to be much better. I am sad that one of the characters who I liked got killed (Charlie Francis played by Kirk Acevedo) by a shape shifting soldier from another universe who is stalking Dunham. This show has a lot of promise and I love the Fringe team, a solid A.

Friday night, we have new episodes of Monk and Psych (USA) and the season finale of Eureka (SyFy). I have the season finale of Dark Blue (TNT) to watch on my DVR along with Supernatural (CW). This weekend, new episodes of Robin Hood (BBC America), Holy Grail in American (documentary on the History Channel), seasons premieres of Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) and Bored to Death (interesting new series on HBO).

And next week, Heroes (NBC), House (Fox), and NCIS (CBS) all start up new. Lots to watch now.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment