Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thoughts: 31-July-2010

The last day of July, and next week I go on vacation to visit the family and celebrate my mother's 82 birthday. Lots of cigarette smoke and stress and tension to look forward to. Some of the time will be spent visiting my brother Glenn and his family and some with my sister in State College, so that should help maintain the sanity.

Our former intern, who I dubbed 23 a while ago, just finished her contract with Pfizer and is heading off to Tufts to start graduate school. EH, my new name for her, is a very bright and hardworking person and should have a great career ahead of her. Tufts is a great school to go to, better than my school, Kent State.

Boston Red Sox: This team is killing me, split 2 out of 4 with the Mariners, swept the Angels 3 straight and then drop the first of three to the Tigers 6-5. Tampa Bay is now one game behind the Yankees and it is looking like we will not make the playoffs this year. I hate the frakking Yankees.

I have been watching lots of shows on the cable networks, they seem to be doing better with creating new shows. Even HawthoRNe (TNT) has not been too bad, pretty much a C after that horrible and stupid season premiere. Christine is still bossing people around, just not as effective as the previous season. She caught her daughter in a postcoitial coupling with her boyfriend to end the last episode freaking out in the fadeout. One would think a nurse would be able to control herself a little more. Also her love interest is looking at another (and prettier) woman making Christine jealous, even though she rejected his proposal. And this is the worst show I have been watching.

Take that back, Persons Unknown (NBC) the summer miniseries event has fallen flat after a promising beginning. At this point, I don't know where it is going but I am getting bored. Maybe it is a tad too long, kind of the same problem Harper's Island (CBS) had. It does help knowing the show will resolve its plot line at the end of the summer. D

Being Human (BBC America): This show has really started off with a bang for this second season. A I just wonder how good the SyFy version of this show will be. I watched the British version of Eleventh Hour and thought the four shows they did were a tad better than the American remake version of those four shows, even though I liked Eleventh Hour quite a bit.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment