Friday, June 18, 2010

Thoughts: 18-June-2010

I took the day off in order to get my tattoo. This past Sunday when I was scheduled to get it, my artist called in sick and so I had to re-schedule for today. Let us hope I can get it today.

I am going to try and see Toy Story 3 after I get the tattoo. I also want to see the Karate Kid remake since Roger Ebert gave that a good review. Jonah Hex is also opening up this weekend but is not at the Groton Cinemas which I thought would be there for sure given these types of movies always end up there. I have been reading the Jonah Hex comic for years and would like to see this movie even with the bad reviews that it has gotten.

Sports Update.

Boston Celtics: So close and yet so far. After taking a 3-2 game lead over the Lakers, they lose the final two games in LA. While both they and the Bruins played well this year, neither won the ultimate prize.

Boston Red Sox: After beating the Phillies up big time in the first two games of the series, they lost the third game. Then they swept the Arizona Diamondbacks. Now the LA Dodgers are the next time they face. The Red Sox are doing pretty good against the National League and maybe they can get some revenge for the Celtics' loss. Funny how fans think sports teams actually care about other teams losing.

NFL: Looks like we may have an 18 game regular season and a cut back in those preseason games. Players union is complaining about an increase in injuries, what about injuries in those useless preseason games. I am for it.

NCAA: Well, the PAC 10 tried to add Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas to make a 16 team conference. The Big 12 commissioner counteracted with a promise of increased TV revenue for the teams and these three decided to stick with the Big 12. So PAC 10 asked Utah to join and they decided to leave the Mountain West and be the 12th member. Texas is trying to create its own TV network, other than that, the loss of the conference championship game is going to cut down on TV revenue. Granted with only 10 teams, that means more money per team, but as much as the PAC 10 could deliver? I doubt it. So the PAC 10 has 12 teams (guess here is that they will become the PAC 12), the Big 12 has 10 teams (and own the copyright to the name Big 12), and the Big 10 has 12 teams (Big Midwest 12 or BM 12 is my pick for a new name).

Nurse Jackie (Showtime): I caught up the the season finale and thought the show ended in a very strange fashion. Jackie's best friend and Jackie's husband find out about her drug addiction, and Jackie returns to the bathroom and defiantly stares into the mirror denying she is an addict. Is that supposed to make us respect her? And the drug dealer she ripped off of $12,000 in drugs, he just gets taken out by Thor? And no repercussions at work? Bad ending to this season, it gets a C.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment