Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thoughts: 13-June-2010

I made an appointment to get my three tattoo today. At 12:30 pm I am getting the Luther Rose tattooed on the right side of my chest. Also going to get my Patriots tattoo retouched. I rolled over on it during my sleep when I first got it and it has has marks I want retouched. I also have a Boston Red Sox tattoo on my right arm.

Still debating about getting a rat tattooed on my back.

Just read a good review of the new Karate Kid film starring Jackie Chan and Dre Smith by Roger Ebert. I guess I will try and check it out. He also reviewed the A Team film and his review agrees with all the bad ones for that film.

Sports Update.

Boston Red Sox: They killed the Phillies again yesterday, 10-2, man I wish they could play like that all the time.

Boston Celtics: Game 5 in Boston tonight, series tied 2-2. Celtics need a win in this game, I do not like their chances going to LA if they lose tonight.

NCAA: Lots of talk about conference changes. PAC 10 is meeting with Oklahoma and Oklahoma State about joining them. If they get both teams, I think that they will try and get one more, either a team in Texas or one in Kansas. Big 10 will not add any more teams, unless Notre Dame wants in. I could see Pittsburgh and Missouri joining the Big 10 at some point, I can also see Kansas and Kansas State coming in as well. Notre Dame needs to get off its high horse and understand that they are going to be left out in the cold unless they join a conference. Big 10 makes the most sense for them, but I see them screwing the pooch and blowing that opportunity.

Comics News.

DC is cancelling the Vertigo title Unknown Soldier with issue 25. Good book but sales were low. I wonder if the WW2 version will still make an appearance in this book as that was hinted at one point.

I read the first issue of Marvel's Hawkeye and Mockingbird book. I liked it, but boy does it remind me of the recently cancelled Green Arrow and Black Canary book. DC did not like the direction and/or sales of that premise, and are now going with a Green Arrow solo book. Could this happen with the Marvel book as well?

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment