Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thoughts: 03-April-2010

Normally, I never get caught by April Fool's Jokes but this year I did. When I went into work on April 1, I got a call that one of my lab mates had failed to put away an experiment which if discovered would get them into big trouble. I raced downstairs and could not find any trace of the experiment, I even got CM personnel involved in helping me look. Turns out my lab mate got a text message from her lab mate telling her she forgot and then she said April Fools to her. So quite unintentionally, she got quite a few people with that innocent joke.

We had some big time flooding in southeastern CT this past week. A friend of mine got her basement flooded and needs help cleaning it up, so I will be helping her today. I owe her a ton of favors so this will allow me to pay her back. Too bad Clash of the Titans had to open today.

24 is coming to an end and the franchise is heading to the movies. The way Kiefer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer, this should make a pretty good movie franchise. At least it has the potential as good as the Matt Damon Bourne series.

Private Practice (ABC): I am disappointed that the romance between Sheldon and Charlotte fizzled out. I like them together a lot more than her and Cooper. And they seem to want to bring them back together, Cooper is resisting which just makes me laugh. I would give anything to have someone like Charlotte want to be with me. Violet has returned and looks like she is going to bust up the Addison-Peter-Lucas family triangle. Back to junior high we go. All said, even with the coma pregnant subplot resolving itself as a happy ending, this was not as bad as it usually is. C

In Plain Sight (USA): So when this series had ended, Mary is shot and in a coma and Marshall is looking for her killer. And when it returns, Mary is okay and about to get out of the hospital? A very lame ending to what could have been a really good dramatic plot. And everything gets resolved in a happy ending. Sad, but this was not very good at all. D

So I missed the Mentalist (CBS) this past week, because for some strange reason, CBS decided to switch CSI and the Mentalist' time slots. Why? I can watch CSI on Demand, Fringe on Hulu, but The Mentalist is not on anywhere else. Either offer the show on Demand, or just stop screwing with the viewers.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment