Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thoughts: 26-April-2010

I saw two films recently, that I did not post about.

Clash of the Titans: I did not care for this remake at all. I liked the original Ray Harryhausen film a lot better. They just seemed to rush from one scene after another and while the effects looked okay, there was no character development and I thought the Kraken from the original film got more screen time. And the original had nudity that this film did not have the guts to do. D

The Losers: I loved the Vertigo comic book series that this film was based on and thought that they did a very nice job in bringing this to the screen. I thought it was well casted and both Chris Evans and Jeffrey Dean Morgan were very good as well as Jason Patric who played Max. Room for a sequel, so I hope it does well. A

I saw a trailer for the Expendables, the new Sylvester Stallone movie coming out. Lots of big names, some like Dolph Lungren had seen better days. Still looks entertaining enough to check out.

I have been reading Swan Peak by James Lee Burke, which is a David Robicheaux book. He is a very good writer and while I liked the two films of his Robicheaux books that were made, he has not find film success with his character. Very good writer who reminds me of Elmore Leonard.

Justified (FX): Elmore Leonard has really found some success with this show, his characters and prose really comes through in this show. Timothy Olyphant is very good and the show gets better and better. FX needs to do a show based on the David Robicheaux novels, that would be a hit. A

I have to play catchup on TV today, just too far behind.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment