Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thoughts: 24-April-2010

I have been back a week from my trip home to PA to visit the family. I have gotten all the cigarette smoke out of my lungs from living with two chain smokers during that time. They just could not understand why I was wheezing and coughing the whole time, are you sick I was asked. No, just not used to be exposed to that much cigarette smoke. And I got blamed for my mother going through a red light and getting a $109.50 ticket. Why did you not tell me the light was red, I did Mother, 30 seconds before you ran it.

I also had to watch reruns of All in the Family (shows that I saw when they were originally broadcast), Judge Judy (every frakking case is the same on that show), and crap on the Animal Planet channel like Animal Cops: Houston or River Monsters. Oh, and reruns of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, they love watching that for some reason, which is the only Law & Order spinoff I don't care for.

One show that they watch on Saturday afternoon, is on Tru TV and while I do not remember its name, the show has mystery writers talk about their favorite true crime story which is laid out with reenactments and interviews with police, prosecutors, and witnesses. Very interesting, they had one on the famous atheist Madeline O'Hair and her death.

I am really behind on TV, have to catch up on HBO, Showtime, and my CBS shows on Demand. Just a few comments on what I have been able to watch.

Supernatural (CW), the last two episodes are really good, I think this is turning out to be the best season ever. A

Damages (FX) had its season finale, which could turn out to be the series finale. Everything got tied up in the end, I did not find the Tobin case to be as interesting as the first two cases we saw in this show. Still better than a lot of stuff out there. B

Human Target (Fox) ending on a cliffhanger, so this show needs to come back. Very good show that I enjoyed. A

The History Channel started up a new series called Ancient Aliens. Two hour episodes going over this theory that Erich von Daniken made famous. They reran the first show made last year and have two more in the can, the first shown this week and the next one this coming Tuesday. Again, no rebuttal is presented, stuff is shown and we are told this has to be a space ship, space man, or a space suit. No real evidence, just lots of speculation. Overall way too much bias, and why this prejudice toward our dark skinned ancestors in that contention that they had to have aliens given them technology because there is no way that they could be smart enough to come up with it on their own? F

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment