Friday, December 25, 2009

Thoughts: 25-December-2009

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.

After my fun Sunday falling in the snow at work, I thought this weather could not get any worst for me. It did. I took the bus to see my optometrist and the bus broke down in front of Stop and Shop. The driver said that he did not know when there would be a replacement bus coming in, so since the City of Groton built all these nice sidewalks down Long Hill Road, I thought it would be an easy walk.

Of course I was wrong. None of the sidewalks were plowed so I had to walk on the highway praying cars would not hit me. Finally by the Hampton Inn, they had plowed the sidewalks so I could walk in safety. And of course I fell hitting my left knee hard on the sidewalk. Luckily the optometrist had some ibuprofen. then I found out I have the beginnings of a cataract on my left eye, which means that someday I will need that surgery. Joy.

I do have to say that I can now endorse Icy Hot and swear that it works. I covered my knee with it and it felt very good and have had minimum pain after that fall.

I am going to my best friend's house for Christmas dinner, we are going to have a ham. I got her, her husband, and her mom, whose birthday was yesterday, cards with CT scratch off tickets. I hope they win big as I am very happy and appreciative that they are having me over for Christmas.

The Patriots take on the Jaguars this weekend at home and a win would help out a couple of other team's playoff chances. I like the Patriots to win, 24-10.

I have been watching lots of DVDs these past few days. Here are some quick comments.

Loch Ness Terror. I saw this movie on the SyFy channel and wanted the DVD. Brian Krause, Leo on Charmed, and Don S. Davis from Twin Peaks were in this movie. No nudity or sex, but the monster kills quite a few people in a gory fashion. And none of those scenes were edited out on the SyFy Channel. I guess you cannot show nudity, but you can show gore on cable. C

The Twilight Zone Movie. I just finished watching the original series on DVD and had not seen this movie in years. I have to say that it holds up better than I remembered. George Miller's remake of Nightmare at 35,000 Feet with John Lithgow was excellent. I also found that Steven Spielberg's remake of Kick the Can was also quite good. I kind of wish that they did more original stories than remakes with this film, it did lead to a revival of the show on CBS which I have the DVD sets for. The Twilight Zone lives on. I also caught a lot of references to other episodes that I had missed previously. B

A Touch of Frost Season 14. I loved this show when A&E showed (when they still ran good shows and not crap like Dog the Bounty Hunter) and have been buying the DVDs Excellent shows and we still have one more set to come out. A

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment