Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thoughts: 05-December-2009

I have to enjoy this weekend, the next two weekends I have to go into work. Ugh.

Three Fictional Characters that inspire me and why:

1. Walter Bishop from Fringe: I love the way he is stimulated by the joy and love of scientific discovery and that he gets results by doing it his way. Granted he was a skewed view of reality and tends to say what he thinks. That makes him more of a real person to me. Best scientist on TV ever. Though I do like the Doctor (Time Lord from Gallifrey) and John Hood from the Eleventh Hour.

2. Edgewood Dirk from the Magic Kingdom of Landover series: A Prism cat who had powerful magics at this disposal, tends to provide information in such a way that the person he is trying to help needs to figure it out on their own, which is the best route to go, and he is a cat. I love cats even though I am very allergic to them. I wish a Prism cat would help me out through life's dilemmas.

3. Wally from Dilbert: A lazy non working employee at the company Dilbert and crew work at, he learned how to play the game. Drink coffee, evade doing the worthless tasks set before you, and go with the flow. I wish I could adapt Wally's nonchalance at my job, things would go a lot better for me as I would not get so worked up at the dumb stuff that they make us do that detract from real work.

Real life Scientist who are my inspiration: Robert Ballard and Stephen Jay Gould.

Monk (USA) had its series finale last night. Trudy's murder is solved and the guilty party is punished, if only Monk had opened her last gift to him years ago. Everyone has a happy ending, and Monk with Natalie will continue to solve crime in San Fransisco. A

White Collar (USA) had its fall finale last night, will return in January. Great cliffhanger that I did not see coming. I cannot wait until January to see how it gets resolved. A

Burn Notice, Psych, and White Collar return to USA in January, The Closer starts a three episode arc this Monday on TNT. Lots of good stuff coming on.

Kristin Chenoweth has a Christmas movie on Lifetime tonight, 12 Men of Christmas. She also appears on the Carrie Underwood Christmas special this Monday on Fox. My heart is overjoyed at getting to see Kristin in two new TV outings. I also see that she will be back on Broadway March 2010 in Promises, Promises. Also will be reprising her guest role on an episode of Glee next year. I also see that Entertainment Weekly named Wicked the best stage musical of the decade, a show I got to see Kristin in and and which made me a big fan of hers. Now Hollywood, let's get Kristin and Indina Menzel and make the film version already.

Robin Hood (BBC America) comes to an end tonight. Great show, sad that it will end so soon.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment