Monday, December 21, 2009

Thoughts: 21-December-2009

Yesterday I go into work with tons and tons of snow out there. It came up halfway on my front door and was still snowing when I walked into work. I get to my place of employment and our landscape contractors are out there cleaning up the sidewalks and the streets. I figure on walking down to the parking garage and going in through there as that would be the easiest way to get to my lab. In front of the exit and entrance, there is a big pile of snow. I figure I can walk through it into the garage. I figured wrong.

I fall into the snow pile and like a turtle on this back cannot get up. I slip and slide as there was no traction or leverage. I get to one knee and there is nothing but snow to grab on to and I fall down. Finally on my hands and knees I crawl into the garage and by the wall manage to pull myself up. Now I am not hurt, the snow cushioned my fall. I dust myself off and walk a few feet into the garage when I hear "Are you okay?"

Why do people ask if you are okay after you get up from falling in the snow? Of course I am frakking okay, I got up. How about cleaning the frakking snow piles up in front of the openings to the garage. It never ceases to amaze me how people are quick to offer help after it is clear that you are okay.

Patriots beat the Bills 17-10 in Buffalo. New England is now 9-5 with games against the Jaguars at home and the Texans on the road, two teams New England should beat but will struggle against.

The Bills are 5-9 and have gone 7-9 in the last three seasons. Can they make it four straight seasons? They have the Falcons on the road and the Colts at home, which looks to me like a 5-11 season for them.

Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars (BBC America) had its US premiere this past Saturday. What a dark tale of the Doctor allowing power to go to his head. I love this more mature look at the Doctor, these shows have been a big hit. A

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment