Friday, December 4, 2009

Thoughts: 04-December-2009

The Patriots open up a four game stretch of easy opponents in December starting with the Dolphins at Miami, Panthers at home, the Bills in Buffalo, and the Jaguars at home. This team should and needs to go 4-0 with this schedule. I like the Patriots to rebound after the loss to New Orleans to win their first real road game 38-3. I do not count the win in the UK over Tampa Bay as a real road game as neither team had a home field advantage.

Marvel Comics cancels Son of Hulk with issue 17 and War Machine with issue 12 coming out next week. Son of Hulk followed the adventures first of Skaar and then his twin whose name alludes me on planet Hulk. Skaar is now battling and working with his father, Bruce Banner aka the Hulk in the Incredible Hulk while his twin will show up in a new series in Feb. I never cared for the book or the characters, I do like Skaar better in the Incredible Hulk series, the twin could care less.

War Machine on the other hand, is a character who was in his own series previously and a member of the West Coast Avengers when that book was around. With the Iron Man 2 due out next year, I am surprised that Marvel did not make better use of this character. The book was a bit boring and the character unrecognizable from previous runs. Not going to miss this book at all.

TNT canceled Raising the Bar after two seasons according to TV.com. I liked the series and the interplay between the DAs and Public Defenders. Too bad, given that Private Practice (ABC) is still on the air.

Last night I recorded back to back new episodes of Private Practice to watch over the weekend. This viewing pleasure will be joined by back to back new episodes of Dollhouse (Fox). Four hours of crap TV, at least I am warmed by the fact that Fox has cancelled CrapHouse.

Sons of Anarchy (FX) had its season finale and what a way to end the season. Gemma on the lam from the police after killing Zobelle's daughter. Jak's son kidnapped by one of the IRA gun runners. What a great show, and it has been renewed for two more seasons. Check it out on DVD if you have not seen this great show. A

I read A Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks, the latest book in the Magic Kingdom of Landover series. I had read the previous five books in the series and enjoyed them alot. So it was ten years ago that the last book had been written when I read this newest book. I did not care for the main character of the Mistaya Holiday at first, I thought she was a teenage brat who needed a can of whoop ass opened up on her. Then I saw why Brooks wrote the character the way he did, so that we can see her grow and become a more mature and better person as a result of her trials and tribulations. My favorite character in the series, Edgewood Dirk, a Prism Cat, has a big role in the book. I thought that folks were talking a bit mean about him, they seem to want him to just give out the answers to all the problems instead of allowing the person to learn and reach their own solution. I also like Strabo the Dragon and he was used quite well in this book. All in all a good read and Brooks sets up the return of Nightshade in the conclusion of the book. B

My three favorite characters who inspire me:

Walter Bishop from Fringe

Edgewood Dirk from the Magic Kingdom of Landover series

Wally from the Dilbert Comic strips.

Why, that is to be continued.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment