Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thoughts: 22-November-2009

Delaware Valley College defeated my Alta mater Susquehanna University 66-7 in the first round of the D3 college playoffs. Oh well.

Penn State defeated Michigan State 42-14 to finish the season 10-2. On to the Bowl season.

DC Comics canceled the Vigilante with issue 12. It was an okay comic, but I never thought that the stories really had much of a chance to get going. Just seemed to me that the creators were just going through the motions.

DC Comics is creating a second JSA book called JSA All Stars. The current JSA roster will be split into two teams for these books. I did not think that the JSA book was selling well enough to start a second ongoing monthly book. Weird trend in comics publishing to put out multiple books featuring the same characters.

I know that Marvel Comics' Deadpool is a big fan favorite. But two monthly ongoing titles, two limited series, and guest star features in two comics? Is he really that popular? I am starting to get bored with that character, kind of wish Marvel would give some other characters their own books rather than overexposing Deadpool.

I went to see Paranormal Activity and found it to be a big yawnfest. I hear scary noises from my neighbors than what I heard in that movie. I never would have even noticed most of those noises let alone spent big bucks on a movie camera to record what happens at night. I did think that Katie was kind of hot and wish she would have taken her boyfriend's suggestion to record some extracurricular activities, at least that would have kept up interest up. I was more entertained by the two teens who attended the matinee with me. They kept on screaming and actual ran out of the theater three times because they were scared. At least they kept me awake. The whole movie reminded me of A&E's Paranormal Nations and I kept hoping that Chip Coffey and Ryan Buell would come and save the day. At least Chip would not have run away like the psychic in the movie. F

I watched The Prisoner remake (AMC) last night via DVR. I have not idea why they made this remake, what the hell is was about, and why waste actors like Ian McKellan and James Caviezel in this crappy production. Did the creators of this remake even watch the orignal Prisoner series? Very bad and boring. I went to the Wikipedia site to read about this film and still do not get what they wanted to do. F

Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment