Friday, November 20, 2009

Thoughts: 20-November-2009

I have been busy this week, squaring away stuff at work as I have all of next week off. Blessed Thanksgiving week. And of course the Patriot's one point loss to the Colts did not help inspire me to write a blog.

Hopefully the Patriots will rebound this week at home against the Jets, I like them to win 35-3. And while they lost to the Colts, I have to say that the Colts do not impress me at all. My prediction is they lose their first playoff game big time and Peyton's stupid mug can go back to commercial land.

Penn State travels to Michigan State for the last game of its season as they play for the Land Grant Trophy. I like Penn State to win 24-7 and hope that they get a good draw in whatever bowl game they go to.

Susquehanna University takes on Delaware Valley College in the first round of the D3 playoffs, I hope my Alta mater does well. I do not know much about their team in terms of how good they are, I just wish them well.

I have not been able to keep up with all the TV shows that are on during the weekend. I spend most of my weekend time catching up. With next week off, I should have a better handle on TV.

I did see that Numbers (CBS) got its 22 episode season cut to 16. Another show soon gone? TV.com today had a story about what shows may be going next. Heroes (NBC) and Three Rivers (CBS) were on the list. I also noted that FlashForward (ABC) was on the list too, I thought that show was a hit, guess the ratings did not match the hype. Fringe (Fox) was on the list, but a different time slot would save that show. Wednesday or Tuesday 9 pm for example.

History Channel had a great show on Jesse James' Hidden Gold a few weeks back. I watched it on my DVR and it was very good. Learned a lot about James being a member of a secret society of Confederate sympathisers who hid caches of money around the land. And they actually found one of them along with a gold bar. There also was some evidence that James was not killed by Ford, but lived to a ripe old age and fathered some children. A grandson looks just like him. This is the History Channel at its best. A

On History Channel International they have been rerunning an old series called History's Mysteries. I watch one on the Sinking of the Essex by a sperm whale which inspired the writing of Moby Dick. Excellent show and I learned a lot, I kind of wish that they would still be doing shows like this and Civil War Journal on the History Channel, rather than Ice Road Truckers or Ax Men. A

I hope to watch the remake of the Prisoner (AMC) over the weekend. I heard a lot of negative reviews about this, will let you know what I think. I also want to go see Paranormal Activity and The Blind Side in the theaters this weekend too.

And if you have HBO, watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, very funny show with Larry David doing a Seinfeld reunion. When this season comes out on DVD, it is a must see.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment