Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thoughts: 04-October-2009

Penn State beat Illinois 35-17, doing much better on their first road trip of this season. I note that Iowa is 5-0 which makes them a surprise contender in the Big Ten.

Glee (Fox) is a new show getting a lot of buzz. Kristin Chenoweth, who is on my fave list, guest starred in the latest episode, so I decided to watch it. She was very good and had three very nice musical numbers (Pushing Daises missed the boat by not making more use of her musical talents). As for the rest of the show, I just have to wonder why this is getting such raves. I thought the show would be like the TV version of Fame that ran years ago and quite frankly that was the better show. I could care less about any of the characters, I have no clue why the one teacher hates the Glee Club, and thought all in all that it was pretty dumb. I also hated that Kristin did not sing the last number which is a fave song of mine. Kristen gets an A, Glee gets an F as I have no desire to watch it again.

CrapHouse (Dollhouse, Fox) continues on its poor ratings road as it was at the bottom for Friday night at 9 pm. Actually lost viewers from last week's premiere. How long will Fox keep this show on the air with such bad ratings? Hopefully CrapHouse will be gone by November.

Here in CT we have a big race going on for the Republican nomination for US Senator who will challenge Chris Dodd in the general election. While I do not normally like to discuss politics in this blog, I have to comment on Linda McMahon's decision to run for this nomination. She was the CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment and loves to bring up the fact how she and her husband, Vince McMahon, built the company up from the ground level. Of course she never ever mentions that her company is a pro wrestling promotion. And anybody who seriously follows pro wrestling, knows that pro wrestling promoters have screwed over so many people that they are up there with politicians for being corrupt. In building their company, they put out of business a number of small wrestling promotions and were involved in the famous Montreal screw job when they stole Bret Hart's title from him. Needless to say, I will not be voting for Mrs. McMahon. Must be nice to have that kind of money to waste.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment