Friday, May 28, 2010

Thoughts: 28-May-2010

Memorial Day Weekend, the official start to the summer.

I woke up early today and could not get back to sleep. So I decided to surf the Internet until it was time to get ready to go to work. Most of my lab is taking the day off so it will be very quiet today. Too bad I have a long experiment to do.

My landlord informed me yesterday that the owner complained about my Boston Red Sox beach towel that I have hanging in my front window. I guess the new lease prohibits any "curtains" that portray images that someone could complain about. My guess is that he is a Yankee fan and got psychological problems. I have had it hanging there for the last five years and never had a complaint. They are going to install blinds on Tuesday so that I conform. Maybe they should worry more about who the rent these apartments to as opposed to my Boston Red Sox beach towel curtain.

Sports Update.

Boston Red Sox: After taking two out of three against the Phillies, the Red Sox swepted the Tampa Bay Rays three straight. Pitching is looking good. Last night Dice K dropped one to the Royals, so a little set back, but I am starting to feel good about the team.

Boston Celtics: After winning the first three against the Magic, the Celtics dropped the next two to lead the series 3-2. Shades of the Boston Bruins, let us hope that Game 6 in Boston will be a win and not a loss. It would be ironic for both Boston teams to lose the series after being 3-0.

New England Patriots: Arlen Spector, the PA senator who hassled the Patriots during the "Spygate Scandal", lost his bid to win the Democratic nomination for US Senator. This jerk who is in the pocket of Comcast, made a big stink about the NFL not coming down harder on the Patriots, why, because the NFL and Comcast were in a big fight on what cable tier the NFL network was going to be offered by Comcast. The NFL wanted to be on the basic tier to get more subscribers, Comcast wanted to put it on a a higher tier that required subscribers to pay extra to get it. Honestly, I never watch the NFL network unless the Patriots are playing, it seems kind of boring to me the rest of the time. Spector showed his true colors when he refused to help out basketball fans who were upset about an NBA policy, Comcast was not in a fight then. So old Arlen is out and I say frak you buddy.

NHL: Chicago Blackhawks meet the Philadelphia Flyers in the finals, first ever match up for the Stanley Cup with these teams. My father loved the Blackhawks and hated the Flyers so he would have loved watching this series.

Season Finales.

Lost (ABC): The series is over, I thought the finale was okay with all of the important stuff answered. Lots of people did not like the alternative world being a purgatory where the folks were waiting to move on. It did not bother me at all. A for both the finale and the series.

24 (Fox): The series ended with Jack bloody and battered but having once again saved the day as he goes off to star in a movie version of the show. I thought that this season was just a C, too much repetition from seasons past. The CTU mole, Jack being hunted, someone takes over for the director of CTU, yadda yadda yadda. Series overall deserves an A for making this concept work for eight seasons.

CSI: Miami (CBS): What is it with the serial killers showing up in the season finales of all the CSI shows? And is everybody dead over at the lab? I thought it was a bit much bringing in a serial killer in the last show. And I get a major Jigsaw vibe with the way it preceded, CSI: SAW anybody? C for the finale, B for the season.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment