Saturday, May 8, 2010

Thoughts: 08-May-2010

I am planning on seeing Iron Man 2 today, looking forward to seeing the sequel. I loved the first film and have seen lots of good reviews for this movie. Tomorrow, I will give my review.

Sports Update:

Boston Red Sox: They were swept in their series with the Baltimore Orioles, then swept the series with the Angels, and got blown out by the Yankees last night in the first game of their weekend series with the hated enemy. I wish the real Red Sox would show up.

Boston Bruins: They beat the Flyers to get a 3 to 0 lead in their playoff series, and lost last night to them in overtime. 3-1 is the current count, hopefully they can put them away in game 5.

Boston Celtics: The Cavillers beat them last night to take a 2-1 lead in their playoff series. I hope the Celtics still have a few wins left in them, but I think that the Cavs have this series.

Two shows that I cannot stand to watch anymore.

McLaughlin Group (PBS): Eleanor Clift's constant interrupting and screeching has finally gotten to me. She has gotten so bad, that even when her fellow comrade on the left tries to get a word in, she needs to screech over her, and all she wanted to do was say she agreed with Eleanor. Clift has not spoken an intelligent word since I started to watch this show again. Not going to waste anymore time on it as long as she is on the show. F

Ancient Aliens (History Channel): The last episode did me in, what a bunch of nonsense they are spouting to fill the two hours. First we are told that these ancient aliens came to Earth to mine gold and genetically manipulated the DNA of cavemen to create a slave labor force to mine the gold. But if they wanted gold, why did they leave with so much gold left on Earth, it was the genetic manipulations that was the real goal. So they periodically return to Earth to check on the progress of this work by doing cattle mutilations. Huh? We also heard nonsense about crop circles being an attempt by these ancient aliens to communicate with us. Never mind that folks have come forward saying they created the circles, their attempts were crude, the real alien crop circles are too perfect, they could never be created by us dumb humans. The same prejudice exhibited against our ancestors, they could never build pyramids or come up with anything intelligent on their own. Enough of this crap already. F

Now for some good TV.

Friday Night Lights (NBC): I watched the first episode of the season that Direct TV had shown earlier last night. What a great show, what a amazing turn around where Coach Taylor goes from the most to the least. Kyle Chandler is a great actor and I hope he can find another vehicle that will get better ratings, he deserves it. This promises to be an awesome season. A

Supernatural (CW): We are getting set up for the big season finale next week. This show gets better season after season. My guess is that poor Bobby is going to bite the bullet so that Sam and Dean survive for next season's run. I hope not, I like him. A

Comic Book News

DC is cancelling the Warlord with issue 16. Mike Grell returned to his series this year, but I guess the sales were not good enough. Though why this book gets cancelled and Magog is still being published is beyond my understanding. I am hoping the DC cleans up all those multiple Batman books and gets the number down to a reasonable amount.

Marvel is cancelling X-Force and replacing it with the New X-Force. Do we still need all these X-Men related books, and for that matter all these Avengers books that will be coming out. Talk about killing the goose with the golden egg. One bright sign is that one of the Deadpool books is going to end, man am I sick of that character already. He is starting to remind me of Ambush Bug, who I see is showing up in the next issue of Doom Patrol. Really? Do we need to keep using these lame characters and who the hell is buying these comics to make the publishers think we want to see more of them?

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment